I am an engineer and energy technician at heart with a soft spot for all topics related to electricity, gas, and water networks, be it planning issues or challenges in operation. This includes, in particular, the automation of processes and comprehensive digitalization. I am particularly passionate about innovation topics for aligning networks with future supply tasks.
I studied “Electrical Power Engineering” at the TH Darmstadt and then earned my doctorate in the field of energy economics / electrical grids at the RWTH Aachen.
For more than 10 years, I held various management positions in industry at an international electrical engineering company and a large service company for electricity, gas, and telecommunications networks. This experience is complemented by extensive knowledge in energy economics and regulation. I was responsible for both topics for a European energy supplier for many years.
I have over 30 years of professional experience in all these areas, including around 15 years in management and board positions in the energy industry. For many years, I have also been active in national and international technical committees, supervisory boards and associations and can thus draw on an extensive network of personal contacts.
At 4M, I support the management team as an advisory board member in all matters relating to the planning and operation of energy supply networks, innovation, and the digitalization of business processes.
What else is there about me?
- Greatest strength: never getting loud and always looking for a solution
- Favorite city: there are many fascinating cities in the world, and I have always loved to travel
- Specialist in: new technologies and innovations in electrical networks
- Special characteristics: Family man and love for good books
- Most important equipment: my Apple devices
- Best anecdote or fact about me: engineer is still my dream job